It is designed to maintain and enhance the participants driving standard.
Ideally, drivers should participate in four "HOT SEAT" drives per year.
is to develop good driving techniques. It works this way:
* Each session involves a three hour drive in which four participants, including a HOT SEAT LEADER takes turn to drive.
* The passengers observe and discuss the driving, which demonstrates both good and bad characteristics.
* Each driver drives for ten minutes, after which the car is parked and the driver feeds back to the group his/her impressions of the quality of the discussion.
* Each observer then sums up his/her impressions of the drive to the driver.
* Maximum personal involvement in self driver improvement program.
* Learn the art of constructive criticism.
* Develops self confidence.
* Observe ordinary driving situations handled expertly.
* Recognise what is a driving fault.
* Recognise and interpret various characteristics of different vehicles.
* Helps the driver maintain learnt skills.
Each Hot Seat Session takes three hours. They are often run on WEEKENDS or WEEKDAY EVENINGS commencing about 5:30pm.
Other times are available for groups.
The fee for each program is $150 or if you provide the vehicle, $20.